HP DeskJet 5078 Printer
HP DeskJet 5078 Printers support ePrint feature which enables the user to print just by using your email address,irrespective of their location. Download and Install the setup procedure from the HP Official Website 123.hp.com/dj5078. Get Latest Version of the printer driver software from 123.hp.com/dj5078. HP DeskJet provides all the basic functionalities at pocket-friendly budget. It is the best choice for home and personal, make the printing process easier by connecting it to the WiFi home network. It supports AirPrint so that you can easily print from your iPhone and iPad.
Printer Driver Installation for Windows
These Instructions help you to install the 123.hp.com/dj5078 Printer Driver Software in your Device that has a Windows operating system.
- Visit HP’s Official Website and click Support and Drivers and select Drivers&Software.
- Input your model number under the “Enter a Product name/number” and hit search. In the first step,select your operating system and click next.
- Now, this window displays all the 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer software that matches with your operating system. Select your preferred software and install the basic printer driver.
- Run the downloaded software to complete the installation process. You can close the browser during the installation process.
- After the Installation, the software gets automatically started. Try to establish printer and computer connection through a USB cable,wireless connection or wired connection over a network.
Printer Driver Installation for Mac
For Mac OS X 10.7 and later version
- Select system preferences from the Apple menu. Click Print & fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners depending on your operating system.
- Now check for your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer name in the printers list, if your printer device is not listed then use these instructions.
- If your printer device is not listed, then click the plus sign and select Add Printer or Scanner. Now select your printer device and continue with the next step.
- If your Printer is not listed in Add Printer or Scanner window the try to establish USB cable connection between your printer and Mac device.Your Mac and Printer device should share same wired or wireless network.
- If your Printer is listed, try to re-add the printer device to confirm the communication and to ensure that you are using the correct printer driver.
- Click Print or Print using the menu to select your printer name. Click Add to add your printer device into the list. If prompted, click Download and Install to complete the installation process
- If ” software is currently unavailable” message displays, then visit the Apple support page for the manual driver Installation.
- Close the system preferences window and try to perform basic printer functionalities. If you complete the process, then you have installed the correct printer driver software .
- If you can’t complete the process,then you have to troubleshoot the basic printer connection.
ePrint allows users to print documents and photos from the email sent to the printer device. Enable web services on your printer to access ePrint service.
- Turn ON wireless network connection on your device and enable web services on your printer device.
- Press and Hold Wireless and Start copy black button simultaneously to print the network configuration page. You can get the Log In credentials fro your printer device.
- Open Email application from your computer or mobile device. Click Create a new email to compose and attach a document.
- Input the email address in the “To” field and click Send. After receiving the mail,the 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer will automatically print the document. You can’t enter multiple email address in the “To” field, the HP ePrint doesn’t complete the print job.
AirPrint is supported in apple devices of v 4.2 and later versions. It allows the users to print from their iPad,iPhone and iPod over a wireless network. AirPrint is supported in the HP Printers that was released after 2010.
- Your Apple device should be of v 4.2 or later version
- HP Printer that supports Airprint.Your printer and apple device should share the same local network.
Printer and iOS device connection
Before starting the AirPrint process, your iOS device and printer should be connected by a wireless network or HP Wireless Direct. You should use HP Wireless Direct if you are using the USB cable for the connection
Wireless Network connection
- UnPlug the USB or Ethernet cable, you can’t connect your printer into the wireless network if you have an Ethernet cable connection.
- Printers with control panel display, select setup, network or wireless menu and choose Wireless setup wizard.
- Printers without control panel display, press and hold the wireless button for more than 2 seconds and make sure that the wireless light starts to blink. Now press the WPS button to establish a printer network connection.
HP Wireless Direct Connection
- Check with the solid blue light next to the WiFi Direct or HP Wireless Direct button for wireless direct connection.
- Touch WiFi Direct or HP wireless Direct button from your printer’s control panel or navigate through the menu settings to find WiFi Direct Option.
- Select Settings from your Apple iOS device and tap WiFi. Select your printer device under “Choose a Network” menu and enter the default password as 12345678.
Print from your Apple iOS device
- Turn ON your printer device and make sure that it is in the ready state. If your printer device is in sleep mode,press the power button to enable the device.
- Select the document, photo, email or webpage that you want to print and click Action icon to get more options.
- Tap Print or choose Print icon depending on your file type. From the printer’s option menu,tap “select printer ” to select the printer device from the list.
- Use Options menu to change the settings and it is not supported in Black Ink Only printer.
Wireless Protected Setup
- You can easily set up your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer on a wireless network if your wireless router supports WiFi Protected Setup. Press the Wireless button on your printer’s control panel.
- Press and hold till the wireless light starts to blink. Press the WPS button on your wireless router and wait for printer network connection.
- From your printer’s network or wireless menu, select wireless settings and enable wireless protected Setup.
Push Button Method:
- Use the WPS button to set up your 123.printer device on a wireless network. Press and hold the wireless button on your printer device.
- The wireless light starts to blink to ensure the printer connection. Press and hold the WPS for 3 seconds.
- Let the device idle for 2 minutes, the wireless light stops blinking and remains lits.
- Press the wireless setup button for more than 3 seconds using a pointy object. Printer device automatically prints an 8 digit PIN and starts to search for an access point.
- From your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer device, search for https://access_point_ip_address in your web browser. Input the PIN number on the WPS setting page and follow the on-screen instruction.
- From the start menu, select network and click Add a wireless device. Now choose a printer device and click Next.
- Enter the PIN number and click next. Choose the preferred network and click next.
- Wait until the Ready LED light blinks, it indicates successful connection establishment. It means the machine has successfully connected to your access point.
Trouble Shooting Instructions- Ink Cartridge Problem
Sometimes these error message displays on the printer’s display ” Ink cartridge Problem”, “Incompatible Print Cartridges” and ” Ink cartridge failure”. Follow these instructions to solve the Ink cartridge related issue.
Reinstall the Ink cartridges
- Turn ON your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer device and open the cartridge access door, wait until the carriage move to the center of the printer.
- Take out the cartridge by pressing it down and pulling it towards you. Slide out the cartridge and inspect for error.
- Check for Copper-colored electrical contacts and make sure that all the clear protective tape is removed from the nozzles.
- Now repeat the same process for the other cartridge. Now Reinstall the cartridge into the printer device.
- Slide the cartridge in an upward angle and push it until it snaps into its place. Place your Tri-Color cartridge on the left side of the slot and place Black cartridge on the right side of the slot.
- Now close the cartridge access door. Try to Print,if the issue still exists, then continue with the next step.
Clean the Cartridge
- Your cartridge may display an error message if your cartridge contacts are unclean. Try to clean your cartridge to solve the issue.
- Clean Distilled water is preferred, if the distilled water is not available use bottled or filtered water. Tap Water may damage your cartridges.
- Clean cotton swabs or soft, lint-free material is required to dry the cartridge. Sheet of paper or paper towel to place the cartridge during the cleaning.
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/dj5078 Printer device and open the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- To remove the ink cartridge, Press down your cartridge lightly and pull it out of the slot.Turn OFF your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer device and Unplug the power cord from the printer device.
- Clean your cartridge using the cotton swab or lint-free cotton material. Now clean the contacts inside the printer.
- Dry the cartridge either by making it idle for 10 minutes or drying it using the cotton-swab. Reinstall the ink cartridge by pushing it at an upward angle.
- Now close the ink cartridge access door, plug the power cord back into the printer and turn ON your printer device.
- Try yo print a page. If the issue still exists,try to replace the cartridge.
This site provides instruction for the software setup and installation. Information and Images shared for Information purpose only. We don’t own any information. We are third-party service provider who assists in your 123.hp.com/dj5078 printer related technical issue.We don’t share