HP Envy 7640 Printer
HP Envy is a budget-friendly printer that provides all types of functions. It caters best service for both home and business users.Then, It is compact in size and support wireless printing through the wireless network. Most of the 123.hp.com/envy7640 Envy printer models support two-sided printing with automatic duplex mechanism. While, You can print from your mobile devices using the ePrint technology. In Addition to, HP always tries to advance its level so that it can meet with the requirements of the customers. In Brief, HP Envy Printers are multi-functional and has special input trays for photo printing.
Unbox HP Envy 7640 Printer
These Instructions help you with the Unboxing process of HP Envy 7640 Printer.
- At First, Open your Printer Package. Then, Use the Start Here booklet instructions for basic printer setup and some troubleshooting instructions.
- In addition to, Use the HP Instant Ink card to get cartridge ink services instantly .In Other Words, If you subscribe for Instant ink service Manufacturer automatically replaces the ink cartridges based on your subscribed plan.
- While, User guide provides information about the additional features such as fax and web services. In general, You can install the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer driver using the software installation CD.
- You can download the printer driver software from the official website if you have misplaced the given CD.
- While, You can find a black and 63 tri-color cartridges. Then, It is recommended to use the provided power cord for the power connection.
- Now, Take out the printer device using the plastic cover and set aside the packing materials. You can recycle these packing materials. Get more information from the Official Website.
- After that, Lift the scanner lid and take the foam sheet inside the scanner lid. Carefully remove the protective sticker covering the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer’s control panel as the panel display is very important to set the basic preferences .
- Get rid of all the stickers and tapes on the printer device. Then, Slide out the input tray and remove the tape inside and adjust the paper width guide.
- Open the printer’s top cover and remove the cardboard materials inside them. Meanwhile, Make sure that there are no packing materials inside the top cover before closing it.
HP Envy 7640 Setup Process
- To begin with, Use the power cord to establish a power connection. Now, connect one end of the power cord to the rear end of the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 printer device and the other end to the power outlet.
- Then, Turn ON your printer device using the power button to start the initialisation process. During that, your printer may make some noise. Select your preferred language and time zone from the printer’s control panel.
- In the End,Touch Yes to confirm the settings. Open ink access door and install the cartridges in their allotted slots. Place tri-color cartridge in the left slot and black cartridge in the right slot.
- Close the ink carriage access door after installing the ink cartridges and press OK to confirm the ink cartridge settings.
- Now the printer device may prompt you to load a stack of paper into the input tray. Align a stack of paper and adjust them using the paper width guide.
- Your printer device automatically prints an alignment page. Load the aligned page into the scanner lid and touch scan to scan the alignment page.
- This alignment and Scanning process are required to check the printer quality. Now your printer device is ready to do all the printer related functions.
Printer Driver Installation for Windows-123.hp.com/envy7640
- Open the web browser from your computer device. Visit 123.hp.com/setup 7640 site ,click the download button to begin the download process.
- After the download process, click run or open to install the downloaded software. Your system automatically starts to extract the files.
- If prompted, select yes on the user account control windows . HP Easy start helps to establish connection between your printer device and network.
- Activate and Register your printer device and install the latest printer driver and software.Choose Continue to complete the installation process.
- Agree with the terms and condition then HP Easy start automatically detects your printer device. EnableHP Auto wireless connect and click Continue to finish the process.
- HP Easy start installer will connect your printer device to the wireless network . Accept the terms and conditions and continue with the process.
- You can subscribe to the Instant ink service. Register your 123.hp.com/envy7640 Printer device and select the primary use of your printer device and enter your postal code.
- Now HP Easy Start searches for full software and driver. Select Full Software and Driver or Basic Driver, click Continue to download the software. .
- After the downloading process, HP Easy start automatically extracts the files needed for the printer driver. Accept with Terms and conditions in the “Installation Agreement and Settings” window and complete the software installation process.
Printer Driver Installation for Mac-123.hp.com/envy7640
- To start with, Select System preferences from the Apple menu. Then, Choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & scanners based on your operating system version.
- Now, Check for your printer device name in the printers list. If your printer device is in the list, then confirm the communication by re-adding the printer device.
- If the printer device is not listed, then add them using the Add 123.hp.com/envy7640 Printer or scanner window. Meanwhile, check with the USB cable connection between your printer and computer device.
- Now, Click Use or Print Using menu to select your printer device. Then, Use add option to add the printer device. During that, your device might prompt you to install software. Click Download and then Install to complete the process.
- If the “software is currently unavailable ” message displays. Click cancel and visit the Apple support page. Close the system preferences window and try to do the basic printer functions.
- If you can’t complete the printer functions,use the troubleshooting instructions for the scanning issues and printer driver information.
Wireless Protected Setup-123.hp.com/envy7640
Wireless Protected Setup is a network standard that helps to establish wireless connection between router and wireless devices. WPS is supported in wireless networks that uses WPA personal or WPA2 personal protocols for security. You can’t connect your wireless device to a wireless network without network credentials. If you want to connect a smart device to a wireless network, pick the network name and input the security password.
WPS Push Button Mode
- Press the WPS button on your router device, it enables your router to search for new devices. Choose the preferred network from your device, you can connect your device automatically without entering the network password.
- You can easily connect your wireless printers with their WPS button, press WPS button on your router and on your device. This process doesn’t need any data.
- WPS directly sends the network password to your device.Your device remembers this information for the future use.
WPS PIN Method
- This method uses 8-digit PIN for the wireless connection. All the WPS enabled device have an automatically generated PIN code which can’t be changed manually.
- You can find this PIN on the WPS configuration page. Some WPS enabled devices may not have WPS button, you can manually enter the PIN and connect to the wireless network.
- Your WPS enabled device can generate a client PIN. Enter this generated PIN in your router’s configuration panel.
- This WPS PIN is used by the router to connect that device to the wireless network.
AirPrint Feature enables users to print from their Apple devices over a wireless network. Most HP Printers released after 2010 supports AirPrint feature.
It requires apple device of V4.2 or later version. HP 123.hp.com/envy7640 Printer that supports AirPrint feature. your printer and apple device should share the same wireless network
Connect your apple and printer device through a wireless network or HP Wireless Direct. Use USB cable if you are using the HP Wireless Direct.
Wireless Network Connection
Unplug the USB or Ethernet cable. If your printer has a control panel display, select setup 123.hp.com/setup 7640 from the network menu. Choose Wireless setup wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
For printers with no control panel displays, press and hold the wireless button for three seconds. Now press the WPS button and wait until your printer gets connected to the wireless network.
HP Wireless Direct
- Turn ON WiFi Direct or HP wireless Direct on your printer device. Press WiFi Direct or wireless direct button or navigate through the 123.hp.com/setup 7640 control panel settings and touch WiFi Direct/ Wireless Direct.
- From your apple device, choose settings and tap WiFi to establish WiFi connection.
- Select your printer name under choose a network menu, the printer name should start with DIRECT,if prompted type password as 12345678.
Print from your Apple Device
- Turn ON your printer device and make sure that printer is in ready state. Open the document, photo or email that you want to print.
- Tap the Action icon to get menu options. Select Print or Print icon depending on the file that you want to print.
- From the Printer Options menu, choose select printer and to select your printer device from the list.
- You can change some basic settings using the options menu. Black ink Printer might not display this option menu.