HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer
HP OfficeJet Printers aimed to provide all kinds of printer functionalities at budget-friendly cost. It is an ideal choice for small business and home users. This Printer device supports automatic duplex mechanism and wireless printing. You can print from your mobile device using the ePrint technology.HP Designed this printer device at different sizes that provides different features so that users can pick the 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer device based on their requirements. OfficeJet printer supports HP Digital print ,which enables the users to print the envelopes, covers and letter pads.
Unbox HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer
- Open your printer package, you can get start here guide and other reference materials. You can find power cord ink cartridges ( tri-color& Black), USB cable and other accessories needed for the printer setup process.
- Remove the packing materials on the top of the printer device. Pull out the printer device using the plastic cover.
- After getting your printer device, remove the stryofoam end caps. Carefully remove all the tape around the 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer device.
- Lift open the scanner lid and remove the stryrofoam sheet inside the lid. Open the top cover and remove the carboard inside it.
- Set aside all the packing materials,it can be reused. Get more information from the HP support page 123.hp.com/setup 8600.
- Open your paper input tray,remove the tape inside the tray and slide in the input tray.
- Use the power cord to establish the power connection. Connect one end of the power cord to the printer device and the other end to the power outlet. It is recommended to use the wall outlet for the power connection.
- Turn ON your printer device using the power button, the printer device will begin the initialization process.
- Set the preferred language and country/region. The Printer device may prompt you to install the ink cartridges.
- Open the ink access door. Use the ink cartridges that came along with the package. Remove the protective tape before the installing them into the slot.
- Install the tri-color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the reight slot. Close your ink access door.
- Printer control panel displays ” Thank you for Instant Ink Cartridge” message. Touch OK to continue the setup process.
- Now load unused A4 Plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guide, and slide in the paper input tray.
- Finally touch Done the printer will automatically print an alignment page. Complete the alignment process by scanning the printed align page.
- Lift Open the scanner lid and place the printed paper in the lower right corner of the scanner glass. Click OK to begin the scanning process.
- Your printer device may display ” Alignment successful ” or ” Alignment Failed ” message on the printer’s control panel.Visit HP support to solve the alignment issue.
- Finally touch Finish, to complete the 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer setup process.
HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer Wireless Setup
Follow these instructions to establish wireless network connection between your printer device and computer.
- From your Printer’s control panel, touch wireless icon and select setup. Select wireless Setup wizard from the option.
- Your Printer device starts to scan for wireless router within the range of your printer device. Choose your network name as Home network.
- Touch OK and enter the network password, Tap Done to confirm the network password of your printer device.
- Your Printer Device validates the wireless settings and connect to the wireless network. Your Printer control panel displays ” Connection Successful ” message.
- Touch OK, Now you have completed the 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer setup and network connection.
HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer Driver Installation for Windows using CD
- Use the software installation CD that came along with the printer device for the software installation.
- Open the CD Drive in your printer device and insert the CD. You Installer starts to run the CD automatically.
- Run the setup exe file. Click Yes in the User Account Control window.
- You can use the Go online option to complete the software installation process, but here we are using the CD for the software installation process click No Thanks.
- Installer Window gets open, click Continue to proceed with the software installation process. Now window displays the specifications of the software that is going to be installed.
- Use the customize software option and select the software that you want to install. Now click next and check the 123.hp.com/setup 8600 Accept the terms and conditions option.
- Finally click Next, the software installation process gets started. Now the software may prompt you to choose the connection type.
- Choose Wireless or USB for the printer connection. If you choose Wireless, the installer automatically scans for the wireless network.
- Select your preferred network and click Next, Now installer automatically connects your printer and the computer through the wireless network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that appear. This process requires an active internet connection, it may display error if there no steady connection.
HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer Driver Installation for Mac
- Turn ON your printer device and make sure that the printer is in ready state, your printer device should be connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
- From the apple menu, select system preferences. Choose Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers and Scanners depending on your operating system.
- Select your 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer device from the printer list, use (+) sign to add a new printer device. In Add Printers window, select your printer device and make sure that it is listed as Bonjour Multifunction or USB Multifunction.
- Select Use as AirPrint in the drop-down menu. If your Printer driver is not available visit HP Official website and get the latest printer driver software.
- Click Add to add your printer device. Now your device is ready for the printing process.
Automatic Duplex Printing Setup
Automatic Duplex printing mechanism enables users to print both sides of the paper simultaneously.
- Turn ON your 123.hp.com/oj8600 Printer device, connect your computer device and the printer using the USB cable. Use USB cable for wired and wireless network.
- Select System preferences from the apple menu, choose print & fax, print & scan or Printers & scanners based on your operating system.
- Add your printer device using the (+) sign ,select use as AirPrint and choose your printer device from the list.
- To enable the duplexer, select the printer device that you are using and choose options and supplies.
- In the options tab, select HP two-sided printing accessory ( Duplexer) and click Ok to save the 123.hp.com/setup 8600 settings.
- To adjust the printer settings on your printer device, Load a stack of paper into the input tray. Open the document or image that you want to print.
- Select Print from the file menu or use Ctrl + P shortcut to begin the printing process. Choose your printer device and check two-sided printing option.
- In two-sided drop-down menu, select Long-Edge Binding for booklet printing and Short-Edge Binding for tablet printing. In the presets menu choose ” Save Current settings as Preset ” .
- Enter the Preset name as 2-sided prints and click OK to begin the two-sided printing process.
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that enables the users to print from their apple devices.
- Your apple device should be of iOS V 4.2 or later versions.
- An HP Printer that supports AirPrint feature.
- Your Printer and apple device should share same wireless network.
HP OfficeJet 8600 Printer Wireless connection
Wireless Network Connection
- Unplug the USB or Ethernet cable. For Printer Network connection, if your printer have a control panel display, choose Wireless setup wizard from the Setup, network or wireless menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions of 123.hp.com/setup 8600 to complete the printer network connection. If there is no control panel display, then press and hold the wireless button for three seconds.
- Press the WPS button on your router and wait for the printer network connection.
HP Wireless Direct
- Make sure that blue light next to wireless direct is ON. Use the WiFi Direct button or navigate through the control panel settings and select WiFi Direct.
- From Apple iOS device, select WiFi from the settings menu. Select your 123.hp.com/oj8600 printer device name under the choose a network menu.
- The Printer name begins with DIRECT. If prompted, enter the default password as 12345678.
Print from your Apple devices
- Your printer device should be at ready state, press the power button if your printer device is at sleep mode.
- Open the document or image that you want to print and click Action button. Tap Print or the print icon depending on your file type.
- From the Printer options menu, Touch select printer and select the printer device from the list. Use the options menu to change the printer settings.
- Some settings like paper size cannot be adjusted using this AirPrint option’s menu. This Option menu is not available for the black ink only printer. Select the number of copies that you would like to print and touch Print.