HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printers - Network driver Setup (Windows)
User can print wirelessly from smarphone, tablet, computer or other wireless enabled deivices with the use of HP wireless direct. You can download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/ojp8710
Before setting up the printer on wireless network make sure you know the network name(SSID) and Network passowrd(WEP Key or WPA Security Passphrase).
Turn on your router, printer and the computer and the computer must be connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and Place it close to the compuetr and within range of the router during the setup process.
Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer
- From the printer control panel, you will have to choose your language. Selcect your language, and then touch yes to confirm. Then select your country or region, and touch confirm. Set the date and touch continue then set the time and touch continue.
- Press the wireless icon on the printers control panel
Touch the setup icon
Choose wireless setting and then touch wireless setup wizard.
- check the name of your network in the list of available network, and then touch Ok. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New network Name,a and then folow the on screen instructions to enter your Network name
If Prompted,mention the WEP pr WPA Key(Network Password), and then touch Done.
- Touch ok To return to the home screen
We can download the printer software from cd Disc or it can be download from 123.hp.com/ojp8710 to setup your printer for Wi-Fi or Wired network Connection. if the installer is Not detecting your printer after selecting the connection type, the following errors might display
- Printer Not found
- Unable to find the printer
- No device found
- Your Printer could not be found on your wireless network
Restart the compuetr, printer, and router to resolve any error message displays during the printer setup
Disconnect the power cord from the router.
Turn off the printer.and close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
Turn on the printer and the computer as well.
Try installing the HP driver and software again.
Check the network and printer connection status
Manually connect the printer to your network
Make sure the Network is working properly and printer is ready to connect with the network setup
Wireless Network Connection: On the printer display, open the wireless network or settings menu to make sure the wireless singnal is turned on. Make sure the the light next to wireless icon is either on and steady, or blinking.
Wired Network Connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer ethernet port and available port on the router. The green link light must be steady, and the orange activity light shoul blink when the cable is connected.
If you have dual bran router, make sure it is set to the 2.4 GHz nabd. if your router is set to the 5GHz bnad, the printer cannot connect to the network.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
HP Print and Scan doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scaning issues. you can download the HP scan doctor software from 123.hp.com
Run the HP print and scan doctor software
If your printer is not shown, make sure the printer is turned on and connected, click my product is not list, and the click retry.
select your printer, ansd then click next.