HP OfficeJet Pro 8615
HP OfficeJet Pro printers are dependable and gives higher quality output. It is an ideal choice for both business and home use. It supports duplex printing which helps you to save your time and money. It gives professional color printing at an affordable cost. Some printer devices may excel, but it may fail to achieve the quality level but 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 OfficeJet Pro Printer gives better result at higher speed. HP OfficeJet Pro have been launched at different models that offers various features. It supports wireless network communication WiFi & HP Wireless Direct and mobile printing solutions like Google Cloud Print,AirPrint and ePrint. HP OfficeJet Pro enables users to print envelopes, covers and letter pads at high-definition.
Unbox HP OfficeJet Pro-123.hp.com/ojpro8615
- Open the printer box, you can find the installation CD and other reference materials. Use the Setup Poster to get information about the basic printer setup process.
- Get Started guide give information about the your 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer features and some troubleshooting instructions.
- Use the HP Instant Ink card and subscribe to get instant ink service. You can find black, yellow, magenta and cyan cartridges. It is recommended to use these cartridges for better printing quality.
- You can find other printing accessories needed for the 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer setup process. Use the plastic cover and pull out the printer device from the package.
- Get rid of the styrofoam end caps, remove all the tape materials around the printer device. Set aside the packing materials, you can recycle those packing materials with the HP support.
- Slide open the input tray and remove the packing materials inside the tray. Use the paper width guide and adjust the paper size.
- Now lift open the scanner lid and remove the styrofoam sheet inside the scanner lid. Use the power cord to establish the power connection.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer device and the other end to the power outlet. Turn ON your printer device with the power button.
- Your printer device will make some noise during the initialization process. From the Printer’s control panel set 123.hp.com/setup 8615 your preferred language, time and country/region.
- Tap Confirm to save the basic preferred settings. Now the Printer device prompts you to install the ink cartridges. Lift open the ink cartridge access door and insert the ink cartridges in their allotted slots.
- Close the ink access door and after installing the ink cartridges. Printer device asks you to load a stack into the input tray. Slide out the input tray and load a stack of paper.
- Use the paper width guide to adjust the paper size, confirm the paper size at the printer’s control panel. Your printer device automatically prints an aligned page, scan this aligned page to calibrate your printer device.
2.Installing the Built-in Printer Driver for Windows-123.hp.com/ojpro8615
2.1 Automatic Windows Update
- Search for change device installation in the windows search, select the “change device installation settings” from the list of results.
- In the Device Installation settings windows, select yes and click save changes to confirm the settings.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8615 Printer wireless setup
One of the important aspects of HP Officejet Pro printer is the wireless connection. You need to install the printer setup and get started with the computer. Before you connect to a wireless connection, you must know how it works when connected wirelessly. You can either go through your manual or you can even view the following to know about wireless connectivity.
2.2 Printer and Computer connection
2.2.1 USB connection
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer and computer device ,computer device should have an active internet connection.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the printer device and the other end to the computer.
- If found a new hardware window displays, use the on-screen instructions to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 8615 driver installation process. If your printer device fails to locate the printer driver then continue with the next process.
2.2.2 Wireless connection
- Use the Wireless Setup wizard and get network name and password information for the wireless connection.
- You need these following information to complete the wireless connection process: Network name(SSID), network security password( WEP or WPA key).
- A Computer device that is connected to the same wireless network as your printer device.
- Turn on your computer, printer and router. The Computer should be connected to the same wireless network as your printer device.
- Unplug your USB and Ethernet cables from the printer device. From the 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer’s control panel ,select setup under the network or wireless menu.
- Now touch wireless setup wizard and use the on-screen instructions to complete the network connection process.
2.2.3 Wired Connection
- Use standard Ethernet cable for the wired connection, make sure that your network router, switch or hub has Ethernet ports. Connect your computer device to the router, hub or switch.
- Turn ON your printer device, remove the plug or protective cover from the ethernet port. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port and the other end to the network router.
2.3 Install the printer driver with Add a printer wizard
2.3.1 Wireless Connection
- Search for devices in windows search, click Devices and Printers from the result. Click Add a printer, choose a device or printer to add to this PC window opens.
- Select your printer device from the list and click next, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
- Use ” Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” if your printer device wasn’t listed. Click Next and choose the port as USB001, use the windows update option to get print drivers update.
- Click HP in the manufacturer pane and select your printer device from the printers pane. Select your printer device from the list, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer driver installation.
- If your 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer device is not listed ,then use the find a printer by other options step and find the printer device. Select Add a printer using the TCP/IP address or hostname and click next.
- Select Device type as Auto Detect and enter the IP address in the respective field, you can find the IP address in the wireless network test report or network configuration page.
- You can find the IP address on your printer’s control panel display. After entering the IP address, wait for the computer and printer connection. Click next to begin the printer driver installation process.
2.3.2 USB connection
- Search Devices in the windows search and select Devices and Printers from the list of results. Select Add a printer, choose a device or printer to add to this PC window opens.
- Select your 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer device from the list, click next and stick-on to the instructions to complete the printer driver installation.
- Use ” Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” option to add the printer device manually using 123.hp.com/setup 8615 instructions.
- Choose use an existing port and select next, click windows update to get a printer driver update. Select HP in the manufacturer pane.
- Select your printer device from the printers pane, click next and use the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
Troubleshooting Instructions-Printer is Offline (Mac)-123.hp.com/ojpro8615
When your printer device cannot communicate with the Mac it displays either the ” Printer is offline” or “Printer not responding ” message. Follow these instructions to solve this error
Printer and Mac connection
- Turn Off your Printer device and let it idle for 5 seconds. Unplug the USB cable from the printer device.
- Now ,turn ON your printer device, it makes some noise during this initialization process. Now reconnect the USB cable.
- Gently give some pressure on the USB cable to establish secure connection. If the Printer device starts to print, you can stop the troubleshooting process.
- If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
Reset the printer Device
- Let the printer idle, make sure that it is not any sounds. Disconnect the power cord from the printer device.
- Wait for 60 seconds and connect the power cord again. If the 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 printer device does not turn on, use the power button to turn on the printer device.
- Try to print. If the issue still persists, continue with the next step.
Delete multiple printer devices
- Search for Print from the Mac search and click Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners. Select your printer device from the list of printer devices.
- Remove all the extra printers from the printer queue using the (-) button. Choose the printer device that matches your printer device and set it as Default printer.
- Try to print. If the issue still persists, continue with the next step.
Delete the printer Queue
- Your Mac device needs an active internet connection. Use the minus (-) sign to remove the printer device.
- Click the Add button (+) to add your printer device. If your Printer device is not on display, check whether the printer is at ON and ready state.
- Click Print Using or Use and select your printer device or AirPrint. Your printer queue display a list of idle status printers.
- Try to print.If the issue still persists, continue with the next step.
Reset the Printing Environment
- Right-click on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 Printers list blank space and choose reset printing system. Select Reset in the confirmation window.
- Input the administrator name and password and click OK. Make sure that printing system got reset and there are no printer devices in the printer list.
- Now add your printer device to the list and try to print again. Use the troubleshooting instructions, to solve persisting issue.