123 HP Officejet Scanner Settings:
Performing functions on your HP Officejet 8040 printer through setup & support features is quite interesting. At the same time you need to know some more features that are rendered by HP printers. One among them is the scanner settings. Once after installing the printer and its setup to any of your personal devices you can do the following.
There are different scanning methods and process that can help you to scan your document in a simplest way. Let us see some of them. The HP printer driver can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/oj8040
Scanning through scanner glass:
- Get set to scan your document or image using scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner’s upper lid.
- Place your document on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that you place it to the right corner of the glass where you see the mark.
- Then close the upper lid.
- Using the printer’s control panel or the display,
- Hit the scan button.
- Make preferences before you start to scan the document.
- Finally, hit the “START SCAN”
Automatic Document Feeder option:
- Install the Automatic Document Feeder Tray to your printer.
- Place the document in the document feeder tray.
- Make sure that you place the print side down on your feeder.
- Slide the document until the printer displays a document detected message.
- Adjust the paper guides firmly to the edges of the document.
- On the scan option make your preferences.
- Finally, hit the scan button.
This method of performing scan option is done in case of scanning multiple documents. Automatic document feeder can help you to scan any number of documents instantly. Either it is a single sided or a double sided document you can easily scan and even save the document to your personal computer.
Scanning to direct network folder on windows:
To directly scan documents to network folder on your windows computer,
- Search for printer model name on your windows system.
- Double click scan to network folder wizard.
- When the setup network profile window is displayed,
- Click the NEW option to create a network path.
- Click Browse to select the path.
- Enter the folder name in the tab that is displayed in the control panel.
- Enter the windows user name and password for security check.
- Click Save and Test option to complete configuration.