To setup an HP OfficeJet 100 e-All-in-one-Printer in a wireless network, you should follow the below steps like connecting the printer to a wireless network, install the driver and software and selecting an appropriate connection type.
To setup a wireless network connection in your HP printer, you have to gather some items for good connections. Continue Reading to get information about the Connection Requirements :
- Service Set Identifier(SSID) know as the network name is the initial requirement for the connection setup.
- If you have a network, then you should have a password for the network. So this is also another important requirement. The password is also called as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- To setup the wireless network connection, you will definitely need an internet access. We recommend you to use the broadband connection as it will help in using Web services.
After making all the requirements, turn on your computer and HP OfficeJet 100 e-All-in-one-Printer. Make sure that your computer and printer are at the same network. If you have any signal problems, make your HP OfficeJet 100 e-All-in-one-Printer to be in contact with the computer and in the range of the router during installation. You are advised to disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
2. Connecting to wireless network
Using the wireless setup wizard you can easily connect the HP OfficeJet 100 e-All-in-one-Printer to the wireless network and manage the wireless connection to your printer. Follow the below guidelines
- To start with, Press the wireless button on the control panel as the initial step. You will notice the display of Wireless menu
- You will see a button next to Settings known as the Selection Button. Now, click the Selection button
- To select the Restore Defaults click the down arrow and click OK.
- Then, You have to press the OK button again to confirm your selection.
- Following that, use onscreen instructions and complete the wireless network connection.
3. Driver installation
To download and install the most current version visit support.hp.com and type your model number. You will be directed to the page which consists of printer driver. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to connect and install the HP OfficeJet 100 e-All-in-one-Printer only when you see an Auto Wireless connect screen displaying during the installation. Otherwise you have to follow the instructions in HP installer software. If you are not interested in both ways, you can go for the alternative method that is the installation CD.
- To start with, Visit 123.hp.com to enter your model number and click Begin to start the download.
- You have to click Download and click any one button such as Open, Save or Run in any windows to display to download the driver.
- Then, Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation wizard.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the setup and driver installation. Then, return to the page to complete the registration and activation