If you are using a web- enabled printer which supports HP ePrint, then you can continue reading this article. HP gives a free secure cloud-based service known as HP ePrint. The HP ePrint will help to print from wherever you are, if you have an internet connection. You should email the file which you want to print. Follow the instructions to setup HP ePrint.
1. Requirements check
If you have the following requirements, then you can continue to use the HP ePrint in your printer. Otherwise you cannot use the HP ePrint. You should not connect your printer with a USB cable.
- Initially check whether your printer supports HP ePrint. In the control panel, you will have an HP ePrint logo, button or icon. If there is no logo, button or icon on the control panel, continue to next step.
- To locate the web services menu, you have to go to Web Services Setup, Network Setup , or Wireless Settings according to your printer model.
- Check whether your printer is connected. If you use a wired connection, the green lights in the Ethernet port should be solid and orange activity light should blink when you connect the cable. If you use a wireless connection in your printer, then check whether the wireless feature is switched on and the main thing is that your computer should be on the same network as your printer.
2. Web service status
Switch on the web services using the control panel or embedded web server. It allows you to connect securely on the internet with web-connected printing services, like HP ePrint. Follow the below instructions according to your printer
- Printer with touch screen, click HP ePrint icon. If there is no icon on your control panel, open the web services menu by clicking Web Services Setup,Network Setup, or Wireless Settings.
- you will be prompted to switch on the web services and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You may also be prompted to update the firmware.
- If you have a printer without touch screen, you need to use the Embedded web server. Check whether your firmware is updated. If not, update the firmware
- You have to print a network configuration page to get the Ip address of the printer to view the EWS webpage. Enter the printer IP address in the address bar of the browser and click Enter.
- Click continue if you see a website security certificate displays on the internet browser. Click the Web services tab on the EWS web page and turn on the web services. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
3. Entering the email address of your printer
The printer will print the Make the Most of Your Printer or Important Printer Setup Instructions page after the web services are turned on.
The page includes information about the Web services and your printer email address printer claim code.
If the page did not print after turning on the web services, wait for a few minutes. Still it does not print, then restart the web services again. Continue to the next step after locating the printer’s email address.
4. Print using HP ePrint
Type the printer’s email address in the TO field and other additional addresses in the CC field.
A subject line should be entered in the subject otherwise it might cause the printer to cancel the print job.
The email size must be less than 10 MB with all the attachments and the supported file types are .txt, .pdf, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel. Open office files are not supported.