To start with, Connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw All-in-One Printer device and computer to the same wireless network. Both the printer and computer should be on the same network. While, you can manually enter the network name and wireless password. Then follow the below given steps to setup the printer on your wireless network.
- From the control panel, click the Wireless Setup Wizard to proceed the wireless communication.
- By swiping down the tab open the Dashboard from the control panel and click
- Click Settings Wireless Settings Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Finish the HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw All-in-One Printer Wireless network setup process by the instructions that appear on the screen.
To change the connection type, follow the below given instruction if you have any other type of connection. After installing the HP printer software, connect your printer by doing any one of the following
- Remove the ethernet cable from printer and you have to run the Wireless Setup Wizard for wireless connection. You will be connected from an ethernet connection to a wireless connection.
- Click Tools Device Setup&Software Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the instructions that appear on the screen for HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw All-in-One Printer Wireless network setup.
- Visit 123.hp.com after connecting to your wireless network in OS X. This will help you to change the USB or Ethernet connection to wireless.
- In windows : if you want to change the wireless connection to USB or Ethernet connection, the printer should be connected using the USB or Ethernet cable
- In OS X : Touch System Preferences and click Printers&Scanners. Connect your USB or Ethernet cable to the connector. Click + below the printers list at left. The new printer should be selected by you and the printers model name from the Use pop-up menu and click Add
HP OfficeJet Pro 251dw All-in-One Printer Testing the wireles network connection
Generally, you can get the Printer Status and other information from the Wireless Test Report. If a wireless connection failed, the test report gives the diagnostic information. While, you can find the network related details on the printer display. Then, connect the printer to the same wireless network as your computer.
To get the wireless test report, click the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s panel . By swiping down the tab open the Dashboard and click Wireless Test Report.