HP provides a free service to print from anywhere in the world, if you are online. This service is a secure service and cloud-based , known as HP ePrint. Send your documents to the printer using email and your printer will print the document directly. Follow the guidelines for a proper HP Officejet Pro 7740 e-All-in-One Printer ePrint Setup
1. Requirement for HP ePrint
Before moving on to use the HP ePrint, you have to gather some of the important requirements which is mandatory to continue to the next steps. If you do not acquire all the below given requirements for the HP Officejet Pro 7740 e-All-in-One Printer ePrint Setup then you will not be able to print using the HP ePrint.
- Disable the USB connection in your printer. If you have connected your USB cable then you printer will not print using the HP ePrint.
- Your printer must support the HP ePrint service . Many previous versions and printer models do not support the HP ePrint. Check for the compatibility in your HP printer
- You will have a HP ePrint logo in your control panel and it looks like the icon given below
- If you have printer without control panel , then go to Web Services Setup,Network Setup, or Wireless Settings. You will find the web services on the menu.
- Your computer should have either a wired connection or wireless network connection.
- If your printer has a wired connection the green light in the Ethernet port should be solid and the orange light should be blinking when you connect the cable.
- If your printer has a wireless communication, check whether the wireless feature is switched on and the printer is on the same network for HP Officejet Pro 7740 e-All-in-One Printer ePrint Setup.
2. Turn on web services
Switch on the web services from the control panel or you can also use the Embedded Web Server which allows you to connect securely with HP Officejet Pro 7740 e-All-in-One Printer ePrint Setup
If you have a printer with a touch screen or LCD display, click HP ePrint icon. If there is no icon like that then Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the web services and the setup for HP ePrint display, Turn On, Enable, or Setup should be clicked and this depends upon your printer.
Follow the instructions that appear on the screen and move on to next step. Update the firmware if you are prompted to do so and click OK
Click Print info which prints the information sheet that gives the summary about web services.
If you have printer without a touch screen or LCD display, update your firmware if you did not update. Print a network configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address
After finding the IP address on the network configuration or self-test page, type the address in the address bar on your internet browser.
The website security certificate will be displayed on your browser. Now click continue to open the EWS page and confirm that your computer is on the same network as the printer
On the EWS web page, click the Web Services tab and click Continue, Turn On, or Enable and follow the instructions that appear on the screen if a web services setup page displays.
3. Email address of the printer
Switch on the web services and continue. The printer will print Make the most of your printer or Important printer setup instructions page containing the information about the web services and your printer address
There will be a delay in printing the information page. If the page did not print even after waiting, restart the web services and continue.
4. Print using ePrint
Check the requirements for print using ePrint. Initially the printer address in the TO: field only. Other email address should be in the Cc: field. A blank email subject line will lead to HP ePrint error or it will cancel the print job.
Open office files are not supported. Printing on both sides is not supported during HP Officejet Pro 7740 e-All-in-One Printer ePrint Setup