1. Unboxing the printer
- Unbox the printer and remove al the packing materials to use the HP printer. In the control panel, there will be stickers which will disturb when you start using the printer.
- So remove the sticker in the control panel. The packing materials are also present inside the scanner lid including the carriage, paper tray and the scanner bed.
- Close the cartridge access door after removing the packing materials during the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Software download.
2. Checking the contents
- Check whether you have already removed all the materials from the box during HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 e-All-in-One Printer Installation. The contents in the package may vary by country/region.
- So compare the list of items and the items in the package. Check all the accessories are not damaged.
3. Paper loading
- To open the input tray, first of all open the output tray and slide out the paper width guides
- Push the photo tray and pull the input tray to open it. Slide out the paper width guides and insert the stack of paper in the tray until the paper stops.
- The paper width should rest in the edges of the paper. Push the input tray to lock it into place otherwise paper jam might occur during HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 e-All-in-One Printer Installation.
- you can change the tray, paper size, and paper type settings if different from the paper you previously loaded
4. Connecting to power source
- The first thing to do before connecting the power cord is to disable the USB connection. It is recommended to disconnect the USB during the installation process
- The power cord has two ends. One end should be connected to the rear of the printer and the other end should be connected to electrical outlet
- Switch on the power button to check whether you have give proper connections
5. Setting your preferences.
- Using the control panel, you can set the preferences according to your wish.. some of the preferences include the country, region, date and time.
- Select all these preferences one by one. When you select a preference, confirm it by pressing OK. Then the preferences will be confirmed for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 e-All-in-One Printer Installation.
6. Cartridge installation.
- To install the cartridges, open the cartridge access door. The carriage will move to the center of the printer.
- You have to wait until the printer remains silent. After the printer become idle, remove the new cartridge from the package.
- Remove the plastic tape by pulling the orange tab. You are not allowed to touch the copper-colored contact or the ink nozzles.
- If you touch these parts, it may lead to clogs, ink failure and bad electrical connections.
- You have to remove the plastic tape and hold the cartridges by its sides with nozzles towards the printer.
- The tri-color cartridge should be placed in the left slot and black cartridge should be placed on the right slot.
- After placing the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place. You can use the above steps to install other cartridges.